atw: Re: Word 2002 to Acrobat 6.0 problems

  • From: Alon_Hadass@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:41:23 +1000

Hi Gail,

We had a similar problem and were not able to get any assistance from Adobe
support (they were not able to reproduce the problem).
In our case, we were using a small nonstandard paper size. We noticed that
the problem occurred whenever we tried to use any paper size other than A4.

We got around the problem by designing the page layout in Word as A4 and
setting large margins to simulate the real paper size we were after.
After creating the PDF file, we used Acrobat to crop the paper size to the
desired dimensions.

Hope this helps.
Alon

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Gail Hodgson"         |
|         |           <gail.hodgson@xxxxxxxxx|
|         |           om>                    |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           austechwriter-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           01/03/2004 05:05 PM    |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           austechwriter          |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                |
  |       cc:
                                                |
  |       Fax to:
                                                |
  |       Subject:  atw: Word 2002 to Acrobat 6.0 problems
                                                |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi all

I'm having xref link positioning problems.

I'm converting a Word 2002 document to Acrobat 6.0. The conversion
itself seems to be pretty normal, except that the Word document keeps
telling me that it is repaginating over and over again.

When the conversion is complete, all of the xref links are there, but
they're positioned slightly askew (some are a couple of lines too high
or too low, some are a few spaces too many to the left or right, and
some are a combination). Other links in the document (e.g. TOC or
URLs) are in the correct place ... it's only the xref links that have
the
positioning problems.

I've tried recreating the Word file just incase that was the problem,
but
it hasn't made any difference. I've also attempted to manually edit the
PDF and move all of the link boxes to the correct places ... but the
file
won't save (error 116 -- which isn't documented on the Adobe website!).

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know what I'm doing wrong, or
have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Gail

 austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx